Knight and Samurai were both great warriors. They were also very well educated and had very good manners. Knights were located in Europe and samurai were in Japan. They both rode horses in battle and they fought with a true spirit for the honor and dignity of their country.
Armor between knight and samurai was very different. Knights wore armor made from metal links and they used swords and shields in battles. On the other side, samurai wore armor made out of leather or steel laced together with silk cords. They also used helmets. Samurai also used swords, but they used bows and arrows.
A samurai’s code of honor was The Code of Bushido. A samurai was to have loyalty and he was devoting himself to duty. A knight’s code of honor was The Code of Chivalry. Knights had to promise to be faithful to the king and to give mercy to those who ask for it. Samurai plays “Kendo” while Knight plays “Joust”. Samurais tend to use weapon range tactics, while Knights tend to charge towards their enemies.
What is Knight?
A Knight is a person granted an honorary title of knighthood by a monarch or another political leader for service to the monarch or country, especially in a military capacity. Knights were great warriors. They were also very well sophisticated and had very good manners. They were well educated and up to date. They fought for the honor and dignity of their country.
Knights follow the rule known as chivalry. Knights tend to charge in small group and they looked fierce to make their enemies nervous. Armor of Knights was made of metallic links and they used swords and shields in the fight. They used to cover every inch of body with a metallic covering during the fight. Knights had to start training at the age of seven by being a servant or a page at the castle of the lord. A Knight has a military rank and they took part in tournaments.
What is Samurai?
The word Samurai means “one who serves”. Samurai is a member of a powerful military caste in feudal Japan. Samurai warriors have no ranks. Samurai follows a strict code of conduct called “bushido”. Bushido means “The way of the warrior”. Or it can be said that the Bushido had a religious status for them. They were well educated and up to date. They fought for the honor and dignity of their country. Samurai do Kendo and take part in tournaments.
Samurai tend to use weapons range tactics. When they are near their enemies they use the sword and when are far, they use bows and arrows. Samurai look after their sword very well as their sword is their life and honor. They used to carry two swords during the fight, a katana, and a shorter blade.
Key Differences between Knight and Samurai
- Knight and Samurai were both well educated and great warriors.
- Knights were located in European while Samurai in Japan.
- Knight follows the rule “Chivalry” while Samurai follow “Bushido”.
- Samurai wear armor made out of leather or steel laced together with silk cords while Knight armor was made of metallic links.
- Both Samurai and Knight start their training from childhood.
- If a Samurai dad was a Samurai he also has to become a Samurai.
- If a Knight dad was a Knight, it was optional for him to become a Knight.
- A Knight has a military rank while a Samurai has none.
- Samurai plays “Kendo” while Knight plays “Joust”.
- Samurais tend to use weapon range tactics, while Knights tend to charge towards their enemies.
- Samurai looked scarier as compare to Knight.
- Samurai wore more leather than steel as compared to that of Knights.
- Both the Knights and Samurai had different weapons from each other.