The difference between the 7UP and Sprite soft drinks is the use of sodium and potassium, the difference of taste and the difference of brands producing them. 7up was launched in the year 1929, and its country of origins was the United States of America. Sprite is a product of the Coca-Cola Company and was introduced in the year 1961 in Germany. Sprite is high in calories as compared to 7up.
What is 7Up?
7Up was launched in the year 1929, and its country of origins was the United States of America. It is manufactured under the company names of Dr. Pepper, Snapple Group, and Pepsi Cola. It was originally developed by Charles Grigg with the effort of many years. Until 1929, he was able to formulate a correct formula for the drink. It was the first lemon soda drink that was launched in the world. The initial ingredients of the drink involved the chemical named Lithium citrate that was regarded as a mood stabilizer. Later on it was abstained from mixing in the formula.
What is Sprite?
Sprite is a product of the Coca-Cola Company and was introduced in the year 1961. It was first launched in Germany where it gained a lot of popularity upon its first launch. It was first introduced as the rival drink of others and was regarded as the competent lemon fizzy drink.
Key Differences between 7Up and Sprite
- 7up is said to be more carbonated than other and is more difficult to drink in a faster pace due to its tangy flavor. Sprite tends to be sweeter as well while drinking and thus it can be easily gulped then the other too.
- 7-Up has a lot of fizz and has a stronger taste as compared to Sprite.
- The 7UP drink is made by PepsiCo and Sprite is manufactured by Coca-Cola.
- Sprite is high in calories as compared to 7up.
- 7up has 100% natural flavors as well as no added colors or artificial preservatives as compared to sprite.
- Sprite goes down easily and quickly than 7UP, which tastes a little bitter and harder to gulp in large quantities.
- While Sprite relies on sodium salt, 7UP makes use of potassium salt.
- Statistics make it evident that Sprite is the more lovable white soda, ranked as the 6th most popular beverage of 2013, occupying 8% share of the beverage market. Sadly, 7 Up didn’t even make it to the top ten and apparently it had started losing the game back in 2000 when it occupied just 2 % of the market share.