The difference between inotropic, chronotropic and dromotropic is that inotropic is a cardiac drug which affects cardiac contraction, chronotropic is a cardiac drug that affects heart rate whereas dromotropic is a cardiac drug that affects conducting tissues of the heart.
There are various kinds of cardiac medications, inotropic, chronotropic and dromotropic are the kinds of cardiac medications. There are lots of cardiac problems, and every medication is made for a particular kind of cardiac issue.
The inotropic cardiac drug is used in the treatment of cardiac contractions; the chronotropic cardiac medication can be used to control heart rate whereas dromotropic is cardiac medication works on conducting cells of the heart. If we speak about Inotropic, there are two different types of inotropic drugs. The positive inotropic drug increases the power of myocardial contraction, whereas negative inotropic drug decreases the force of myocardial contraction.
Likewise, there are forms of chronotropic cardiac drugs that’s a positive chronotropic cardiac drug that increases the heart rate whereas negative chronotropic medication slows the heart rate. If we discuss cardiac dromotropic medicines again, there are two kinds of cardiac dromotropic drugs, a positive dromotropic cardiac drug that increases the speed of conduction on the other hand negative dromotropic coronary artery slow down the speed of conduction. The difference between these three drugs is by their role in our body.
|Meaning||an inotrope is a cardiac drug that affects cardiac contraction,||
chronotropes is a cardiac drug that affects heart rate
|Dromotropic is a cardiac drug that affects conducting tissues of the heart.|
|Types||Positive inotropic medication, negative inotropic drug.||Positive chronotropic medication, negative chronotropic medication||Favorable dromotropic medication, negative dromotropic medication.|
|Function||Heart regeneration||Control heart rate||Conducting the cells of the heart|
Definition of Inotropic?
There’s a force that’s always applied to the muscles on heart and Inotropic is a cardiac drug that controls that force of muscles on the center. Our heart undergoes regeneration, and these contractions can also be controlled by Inotropic. There are two different types of inotropic cardiac drugs which are positive inotropic medication and negative inotropic drug. The functions of the positive inotropic and negative inotropic medication are distinct, positive inotropic drug increase the muscular contraction whereas negative inotropic drug decreases the muscular contraction. Myocardial contractility is a procedure that controls the contraction of heart muscles. If we discuss the advantages of the inotropic cardiac drug, one of the chief benefits of this medication is to control muscle contraction. Using positive and negative inotropic medication is based upon the status of the patient.
Positive inotropic cardiac medication and adverse inotropic cardiac medication have distinct functions and use. The use of both is dependent upon the status of the patient.
Favourable Inotropic drug: Positive inotropic drug increase the rate of heart contractions, an increase of heart contraction imply pump more amount of blood into the heart in a few heartbeats. A patient who encounters a heart attack is treated with this medication. This medication is best for a patient with cardiomyopathy.
Negative Inotropic drug: Negative Inotropic drug slows down the regeneration of the heart. Patients with high blood pressure are treated with a negative drug. Essentially, this drug deals with hypertension.
Definition of Chronotropic?
Word Chronotropic means “heart rate of human”. Chronotropic is a cardiac drug which affects the heart rate of a human. Two different types of chronotropic cardiac drugs are positive chronotropic medication and negative chronotropic drugs. The positive chronotropic drug increases the heart rate, whereas negative chronotropic medication reduces the heart rate.
Definition of Dromotropic?
Dromotropic is a cardiac drug that affects conducting tissues of the heart. Dromotropic improves the state of heart impulse. From term means long distance. There are two different types of dromotropic cardiac drug that are positive dromotropic cardiac drug and negative dromotropic cardiac drug. The positive dromotropic cardiac medication increases the electrical impulse conduction, whereas negative dromotropic cardiac drug decreases the electrical impulse conduction. Example of positive dromotropic is phenytoin, an instance of negative dromotropic is verapamil. These drugs are given based on the status of the patient.
The drugs can be categorized into positive or negative depending upon their role.
- Positive inotropic – it strengthens the force of cardiac contraction.
- Positive chronotropic -it plays the role of accelerating the heart rate.
- Positive dromotropic -speeds up conduction of electric impulse through the heart.
- Negative inotropic – it weakens the force of cardiac contraction.
- Negative Chronotropic – it slows down the heart rate.
- Negative Dromotropic– it slows down the conduction of electric impulse through the heart.
Key Differences between Inotropic and Chronotropic and Dromotropic
- Inotropic is a cardiac drug which affects cardiac contraction, Chronotropic is a cardiac drug that affects heart rate. Dromotropic is a cardiac drug that affects conducting tissues of the heart.
- Types of inotropic cardiac medication are: Positive inotropic medication, negative inotropic drug. Kinds of chronotropic medications are: Positive chronotropic medication, negative chronotropic drugs. Kinds of the dromotropic cardiac drug are: Favorable dromotropic medication, negative dromotropic drug.
- Inotropic are the drugs which help in altering the force that is linked to the muscles. Chronotropic drugs are those that are utilized to take care of the heart rate of a patient.
- Dromotropic drugs are those that help in progress in the condition of electric driving forces of the center.
- An instance of inotropic cardiac medication is Example of chromotropic cardiac drug is Dopamine whereas instance of Dromotropic cardiac drug is Phenytoin.
From the article above we see the obvious difference between inotropic, chronotropic and dromotropic drugs, are all cardiac drugs but they perform different functions and are awarded based on the state of the patient.