When it comes to expressing how you feel towards a person or something, there have to be precise words that can help you to develop a clear stance. While in some cases it can be between two individuals in other situations you can express how you feel about a group of persons or vice versa.
I Love You and Love You are two such phrases although are similar, the context in which we use these terms is entirely different. The main difference between them is that we use I Love You when you have romantic feelings towards someone, and we use Love You to expressing nonromantic emotions.
|Basis||I Love You||Love You|
|Nature||To express feelings that are considered romantic.||To express feelings which can be of different types.|
|Usage||Mostly used to express how you feel about one person.||Mostly used to express feelings to a group of people or even an animal or a thing.|
|Situation||For particular situations||For general situations|
|Statement||To show love||To reject love.|
|Type||Mostly between a girl and a guy.||Mostly between friends and family.|
|Example||“I think of you as more than a friend, and I have feelings for you. Therefore I have no hesitancy in admitting that I love you.”||“I will cancel all of my engagements before the crowned heads of Europe and America and devote myself to the people of Oz, love you all so well that I can deny you nothing.”|
What is I Love You?
I Love You is a phrase that is used to express your feelings towards the other person. These feelings are personal and related to one person towards the other person. There cannot be any other person involved or related in any way. The primary use of this phrase comes when people are in love with each other and want to tell the other person how they feel.
Once someone says I love you to the other person and if they reply back, it creates a state in which both of them are obligated to give each other importance. This relation will be more than a friend and someone you will be willing to have felt. People having pets will say the same words to the animal they have.
The difference, therefore, varies from the person who is using them. For example, if you want to get cute with your pet, the same phrase can be employed. A husband will use it to tell his wife how he feels about her. A father can say the same to their son or the mother to her daughter. It all comes down to the feelings of individual persons for the other.
It can, therefore, used as a complete sentence or a complete sentence depending on what has to expresses regarding emotions. Many more such instances can be quoted here to elaborate it more. “I think of you as more than a friend, and I have feelings for you. Therefore I have no hesitancy in admitting that I love you.” In this sentence, it is evident that the person is sharing their feelings towards the other person and giving their reasons for that.
What is Love You?
Love You is a phrase that is used to express your feelings to the other person. This term is different in a way that one person has no obligation to tell the reason for that; they do not have to have feelings for them. It can be said to a friend since it is a general term, it can also use while conveying your affection between a teacher or a student.
A father and mother to their siblings and from siblings to their parents. Here you are not only talking about the love between a girl or a boy; here general meanings can be taken, as in you can express gratitude, your affection, love, or importance towards someone while using it. Another way of its employment in a normal situation is that you do not have to literally mean what you are saying.
The best way to explain it more will be to show a few sentences. “The ring you sent her was in the toe of the stocking, and when I told her you gave it to Santa Claus for her, she said, “I do love you, Mrs. Hopkins.” Another and more elaborative sentence will be, “In that case,” said the little man, gravely, “I will cancel all of my engagements before the crowned heads of Europe and America and devote myself to the people of Oz, love you all so well that I can deny you nothing.” Here you can see that the word used in a general meaning for more than one person, so it is not exclusive to a particular person.
Key Differences between I Love You and Love You
- I Love You is a phrase that is used to express your feelings towards the other person. Whereas Love You is a phrase that is used to express your feelings to the other person.
- I Love You is mostly used to express how you feel about people whereas Love You is mostly used to express feelings to a group of people or even an animal or a thing.
- I Love You is a romantic phrase is mostly spoken in particular situations whereas Love You is not romantic every time and can be used in general terms.
- I Love you considered as a statement which is to show love whereas Love You in some cases can be employed a statement to contradict it.
- I Love You has utilization between a girl and a boy, parent, and son or other situations where there is a direct relation between the two whereas we use Love You for people who can be distant and do not have any direct relationship.
- Using them in a sentence, “I think of you as more than a friend and I have feelings for you. Therefore I have no hesitancy in admitting that I love you.” “I will cancel all of my engagements before the crowned heads of Europe and America and devote myself to the people of Oz, love you all so well that I can deny you nothing.”