Any government can be of two type, either constitutional or non-constitutional. It is an alarming question of today because of the rights of the peoples of the world. Before moving forward to discuss the differences between constitutional and non constitutional, it is important to understand both type of government one by one.
Contents: Difference between Constitutional Governments and Non-Constitutional Governments
What is Constitutional Government?
Almost every country has its fundamental principles to run the state or government. These fundamental principles are known as constitution of that country. So a constitutional government is that government, which is elected by public of the country through an election process established by the constitution of the respective country. It means that power and authorities are up to the directions provided by constitution, which will be surely limited. Now the head of the state or head of the government cannot misuse the power that have been granted to them otherwise he will be answerable to the public or law. After this the rights of the citizens of the country gets secured.
What is Non-Constitutional Government?
Non-constitutional government is completely opposite to the constitutional government. This kind of government is a perfect type of monarchic, autocratic or dictatorial government. Ruler of the country has unlimited powers and authorities and he is not answerable to anyone. Public cannot removed this government easily if he want to do so. Absolute monarchical government or kingdom and dictatorship are two kinds of non-constitutional government. In both kinds of non-constitutional government, ruler remain in power until he wants.
Key Differences between Constitutional Governments and Non-Constitutional Governments
- Constitutional government follows the fundamental principles or any rule book of the country while non-constitutional does not follow any kind of rule book or constitution.
- There is a complete government designation hierarchy in the constitutional government and all are assumed to perform their duties according to oath. In non-constitutional government a single person or small group of people ruled on the whole country.
- Making economical or foreign relationship with constitutional government and non-constitutional type of kingdom or monarchal government reliable. But making relationship with dictatorial type of non-constitutional government is harmful as making relationship with these types of government are often banned by United Nations or other International Organizations.
- Powers and authorities of constitutional government are limited while non-constitutional government enjoys unlimited powers.
- Constitutional government has specific tenure or limit to rule and it is compulsory to be re-elect again for another term. While there is no ruling limit in case of non-constitutional government. It can remain in power as it wants.
- United States, Austria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, etc. are examples of constitutional government. Brunei, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Swaziland and Vatican City are examples of non-constitutional government or absolute monarchical government.