What Is A Pedicure And Manicure? All You Need To Know
When it comes to taking care of oneself, the first thing that comes to our mind is to have clean and well-maintained hands and feet. Pedicure and manicure are the two treatments that offer luxurious relaxation and beauty benefits for your nails, hands, and feet.
In this article, we will discuss what is a pedicure and manicure and everything that you need to know about it.
What Is A Manicure?
A manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment that involves the cleaning, filing, and painting of nails. A professional manicure includes cutting and shaping of nails, applying cuticle oil, and massaging hands with lotion. It also includes the application of nail polish or gel polish.
A pedicure and manicure are not just about enhancing the appearance of the nails, but it has several health benefits as well. Regularly getting a manicure can improve blood circulation, reduce stress, and improve the overall health of your nails.
Types of Manicure
– Regular Manicure – This is the most basic type of manicure that includes trimming and filing of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying nail polish.
– French Manicure – a two-tone nail polish technique that creates a natural and clean look by painting the tips white and the rest of the nails in a soft pink shade.
– Gel Manicure – In this type of manicure, a special gel polish is used instead of traditional nail polish. This helps the polish to last longer and adds extra shine to the nails.
What Is A Pedicure?
Pedicure is a cosmetic treatment that is done on the feet and toenails. A pedicure session includes soaking of feet in warm water, exfoliating the dead skin, scrubbing, and moisturizing of feet. Also, the nails are trimmed, filed, and polished.
Pediatricians recommend pedicure because it has several health benefits, including stress reduction, improving blood circulation, and reducing dry and cracked feet.
Types of Pedicure
– Regular Pedicure – This is the most basic type of pedicure that includes soaking of feet, exfoliating, scrubbing, nail trimming, filing, and painting.
– Gel Pedicure – Similar to Gel Manicure, a special gel polish is used instead of regular nail polish that lasts longer than normal nail polish.
– Paraffin Pedicure – In this type of pedicure, paraffin wax is used to moisturize and soften the feet, hand or nails to improve mobility and reduce joint pain.
Why Is Pedicure and Manicure Important?
Apart from the obvious beauty benefits that pedicure and manicure offer, they are also important for maintaining the health of your nails and feet.
When you opt for a regular pedicure and manicure session, it removes the dead skin cells and, in return, adds life to your hands and feet. Exfoliation makes sure that the nails and cuticles are clean by removing the bacteria that can cause infections.
Additionally, pedicure and manicure are effective ways of maintaining the overall hygiene of your nails and feet. Don’t forget that unkempt nails can be dangerous for your health, as they can carry various bacteria and germs.
How Often Should You Get A Pedicure and Manicure?
The frequency of getting a pedicure and manicure largely depends on your lifestyle and how well you maintain your nails and feet. However, it is advisable to visit a salon once every two weeks. This will help you keep up with the routine maintenance of your nails and feet.
If you are a person with a busy lifestyle, getting a professional pedicure and manicure can be a great way to allocate time for rest and rejuvenation. On the other hand, if you prefer doing it yourself, you can always opt to do a DIY pedicure and manicure session at home.
In conclusion, getting regular pedicure and manicure sessions can go a long way when it comes to maintaining the health and appearance of your nails and feet. It can give you an opportunity to pamper yourself and also offer benefits like stress reduction and improved blood circulation.
Now that you have a better understanding of what is pedicure and manicure and their benefits, make sure to schedule a visit to the salon or set up your home-based pedicure and manicure routine. Remember, it is always important to take care of your nails and feet!