When it comes to the Camaro, everyone wants to know what all those letters and numbers mean. One of the most frequent questions we hear is: “What does RS stand for on the Camaro?” In this article, we’re going to answer that question and give you some background on the RS package.
The RS package has been a part of the Camaro lineup for a long time, with its first appearance dating back to 1967. So, what does RS stand for? RS stands for “Rally Sport.” This package was designed to give Camaros a sportier look and feel, and it has been a popular option ever since.
The RS package is typically available on the Camaro LT trim level, and it comes with a variety of visual upgrades. These include:
– HID headlamps
– LED taillamps
– Rear spoiler
– Unique RS grille
With the RS package, you’ll get a Camaro that looks more aggressive and ready to take on the road.
In addition to these visual upgrades, the RS package also comes with some other features that are designed to enhance the Camaro’s performance. These include:
– Paddle shifters (available on models with automatic transmissions)
– 20-inch wheels with performance tires (optional)
– Upgraded suspension tuning
All of these features work together to make the Camaro feel more responsive and athletic on the road.
If you’re looking to buy a Camaro and you want to add the RS package, it’s important to note that it’s not available on every trim level. In addition to being available on the Camaro LT, the RS package is also available on the Camaro SS. However, if you want the most performance-oriented Camaro possible, you’ll want to consider the Camaro ZL1, which is available with a range of high-performance features.
Now that you know what RS stands for on the Camaro, let’s talk about some of the other letters and numbers that you might see on this car. Here are a few of the most common ones:
– SS: Stands for “Super Sport.” This is an upgrade over the base Camaro that comes with a more powerful engine, sport-tuned suspension, and other performance upgrades.
– ZL1: This is the most performance-oriented Camaro, with a supercharged V8 engine, Brembo brakes, and a range of other performance features.
– 1LE: This is a performance package that’s available on Camaros with the V6 or V8 engine. It includes upgrades like a limited-slip differential, upgraded suspension, and larger brakes.
– LT: This is the base Camaro trim, which comes with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine. The Camaro LT with the RS package is a popular choice among buyers who want a sportier-looking Camaro without breaking the bank.
These are just a few of the letters and numbers you might see on a Camaro. There are many other packages and trim levels to choose from, so be sure to do your research before you buy.
Overall, if you’re looking for a Camaro with a sportier look and feel, the RS package is definitely worth considering. With its upgraded lighting, unique grille, and enhanced performance features, it’s a great way to personalize your Camaro and make it stand out from the crowd. Whether you’re a longtime Camaro fan or a newcomer to the brand, the RS package is sure to impress.