Messaging has become a vital means of communication for people worldwide with the advent of social media, messaging apps, and other digital platforms. With the increasing popularity of messaging applications on mobile devices, the term ‘delivered’ has become a standard feature of messaging services.
In this article, we will discuss the meaning of the term “delivered” on Messenger, the different types of delivery statuses, how to check whether a message has been delivered, and frequently asked questions about delivery statuses on Messenger.
What Does Delivered Mean On Messenger?
In Messenger, the status of your message changes from sent to delivered when the recipient has received your message on their device. The ‘delivered’ status displays in Messenger through a small icon to the right of your message once it has reached its destination.
The icon that represents a delivered message can have different colors, depending on the state of the message. The conventional icon is a small, white circle that is visible to the right of the delivered message.
In Messenger, the ‘delivered’ status also implies that the message has been sent to the recipient’s device and that they are currently online, or their app is open.
Different Types Of Delivery Statuses On Messenger
Messenger has different delivery statuses that provide more information about the message and its delivery state. Below are some of the statuses:
1. Sent: As soon as you enter your message and hit the send button, it shows “Sent” status on Messenger. This does not mean the message has reached its destination.
2. Delivered: When Messenger indicates that a message has been delivered, it means the message has successfully transmitted to the recipient’s phone, but not confirmed that it has been seen or read.
3. Seen: When the recipient opens the message, reads it, or views an image, Messenger displays “Seen” status with a small profile picture of the receiver to the right of the message.
4. Unsent: The sender can also choose to delete the message before the recipient sees it. In this case, the status will show as “Unsent,” indicating that the message was deleted before it was delivered or read.
How To Check Whether A Message Has Been Delivered On Messenger
When you send a message to a recipient on Messenger, your message changes from ‘sent’ to ‘delivered’ when it has been delivered to the recipient’s mobile device or web browser.
However, if you want to check whether a message has been delivered, follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Messenger app on your mobile device or visit the Messenger website on your desktop computer.
2. Go to the conversation screen where you sent the message.
3. Check the status icon beside each message that you have sent. If it says “Delivered,” the message has been transmitted to the other person’s device and is likely awaiting for them to receive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does it mean when Messenger says delivered but not seen?
It means that the message has been sent to the recipient’s device, but they have not opened the message to read it yet.
2. Can I tell if someone has read my message on Messenger?
Yes, you can tell if someone has read your message on Messenger. When someone reads a message, you will see a ‘Seen’ indicator next to it.
3. What does unsent mean on Messenger?
Unsent means that the sender has deleted the message before the recipient can receive or read it.
4. Can I remove the delivered status from a message on Messenger?
No, the delivered status is permanent and cannot be reversed or removed.
In conclusion, “delivered” on Messenger means that the message has reached the recipient’s mobile device or web browser. It is not the same as ‘seen,’ which means that the recipient has opened and read the message. Messenger has several different delivery statuses that provide more information about the message’s state, including ‘sent,’ ‘delivered,’ ‘seen,’ and ‘unsent.’ Finally, users have the ability to check whether their message has been delivered by looking for the status icon beside the message they have sent.