How well do you know about spirits? Are you able to differentiate tequila from vodka in a mix? If not, then you need to read this till the and find out what makes them different from each other!
The main difference between tequila and vodka is the ingredients and process of production. Tequila is a distilled spirit that is composed of the special desert plant called blue agave plant that needs to distilled at least twice while Vodka is a distilled spirit that is mainly composed of water and ethanol that needs to be distilled at least 8-12 times.
Contents: Difference between Tequila and Vodka
|Definition||Tequila is a distilled beverage made from the ripe blue agave plants that can range from clear to light gold and vibrant gold in color with a characteristic taste ranging in alcoholic content of about 38% average||Vodka is a distilled liquor that is clear in color and is without definite aroma or taste ranging in alcoholic content from about 40 – 55%|
|Origin||Evidence in archaeology suggests that the agave plant was a major part of the indigenous Aztec culture and later in the century, the Aztecs ferments agave and produce a pluque, cloudy, and slightly sour tasting alcohol that was consumed at religious ceremonies||The origin of vodka is quite unclear as both Russians and Poles claim they invented it. However, according to Soviet historians, vodka was first produced by monks at the Chudov Monastery in the Kremlin in the late 15th century|
Joven (young) or Oro (gold)
Blanco (white) or Plata (silver)
|Vodka has only one form|
|Taste||It has an earthy semi-sweet flavor that is distinctly agave||It is normally tasteless|
|Cost||Tequila is more expensive than vodka||Less expensive|
What is Tequila?
Tequila is a distilled spirit that is made from different types of agave such as Agave tequilana Weber Blue, blue agave, or Agave Azul. It was originated in Mexico hence, most tequila distilleries are located in the surrounding area.
According to Mexican Law, tequila can be produced only in the state of Jalisco (where 99% is made and home to the town Tequila) and limited regions in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacán, Nayarit, and Tamaulipas. Though, it can be shipped in large quantities to the United States of America to be bottled, and eventually sold.
How To Take Tequila Shot?
Though it is most often consumed in the Mexico and US, today it is one of the most popular liquors in the world.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- Lime wedge or lemon
- Pinch of salt
3 mins to make it
- Moisten the palm of your hand (usually by licking) and pour on the salt.
- Lick the salt off your hand.
- Drink the tequila
- Quickly bite or suck the lemon or lime wedge (the sourness balances or enhances the flavor of the tequila).
Surprising Facts You Need To Know About Tequila
- Good for Bones
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Prevent Diabetes
- Gives You Sound Sleep
- Cold Remedy
What Is Vodka?
Vodka is known as a king of beverage made of ethanol and water that means “little water”. Traditionally this beverage is consumed in Slavic and Nordic countries with a standard of 40% alcohol by volume.
The versatility of colorless, odorless vodka merges seamlessly well with other drinks without disturbing or neutralizing the flavor of the additional ingredients making it one of the preferred choices among other alcoholic beverages.
Method of Preparation
It is produced by the distillation of any plant part rich in starch or sugar including various grains such as rye, corn, wheat, and other materials like grapes, potatoes, and soybeans.
Health Benefits of Vodka
In the past, pharmacists prescribed to drink vodka as a tonic and apply externally as a lotion due to its curative and antiseptic properties to treat all the skin ailments, fatigue, and to prevent early labor.
In moderation, a shot of vodka can do some amazing wonders such as,
- An Excellent Antiseptic and Disinfectant
- Stress Reliever
- Used In Skin Care & Hair Care Regimen
- The rights of making Tequila is only limited to Mexico and is protected through NAFTA in the United States and Canada whereas Vodka is a beverage mostly consumed in Slavic and Nordic countries
- The flavor of tequila is unique as it contains more ingredients and additives while vodka is just water and alcohol that smells like isopropyl alcohol and tasteless to buds.
- Vodka comes in only one form while tequila can be distilled in five different forms.
- Under Mexican Law, only 100% agave can be sold as tequila that is usually served in neat form in a narrow shot glass called a Cabalitto while vodka is taken in a neat form and is usually not mixed with ice, water, or any other beverages.
- Tequila is more expensive and less widely used while vodka is less expensive and more widely used.
Tequila and Vodka are two different alcoholic beverages that look and taste different from each other. Tequila is a distilled spirit that is composed from the blue agave plant while vodka is a distilled spirit that is composed of water and ethanol.