We are all familiar with that web pages are the main platforms of a website where we find all the information regarding a product or service. In fact, website is mainly the collection of web pages. People who are not familiar with web technology often misunderstand these two terms namely static web pages and dynamic pages. Deep knowledge of both term is necessary before understanding the difference between them.
What are Static Web Pages?
As appearing from the word static that static webpage or flat page means a webpage in which all the information and material is presented before users as it is exactly stored. Static web page shows same information and data to all users. In internet technology Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) was the first language or channel by which people started to create static web pages. HTML offers the style of text, paragraphs creation and line breaks. But the most important function and feature of HTML is link creation option. Static web pages are useful for that materials and contents that are rarely need to be revised or updated. There are many advantage of static web page in sense that they are quick and cheap to develop and there hosting is also inexpensive.
What are Dynamic Web Pages?
Dynamic web page is that kind of web page, which each time shows different content and materials to its viewer whenever visited by user. It randomly changes according to time, accessing and interaction by the users. Client side scripting and server side scripting are two kinds of dynamic web pages. In client side scripting web pages change according to your action in web page. In this system you can download the content and after modifying it can upload the same. In server side scripting web pages changes whenever a web page is loaded. Examples includes login & sign up pages, application & submission forums, inquiry and shopping carts pages. Dynamic web pages are created by the using different internet languages like PHP, ASP, .NET and JSP.
- In static web pages the theme and content of web pages remained fixed and in dynamic web pages they changed according to run time.
- Browsing and loading of static web pages are more quicker than dynamic web pages because unlike dynamic web pages they do not required the request of server.
- Changing the content in static web pages is a difficult task because you have to develop and upload a new page while in dynamic web pages server application do this automatically.
- If file extension of a URL is in .htm or .html then it is a static web pages. While if it is in .php, .asp and .jsp then it is the example of dynamic web pages.
- Static web pages plan is an easy and cheap method if you wants to create a static and non updating web pages. While dynamic web pages method is advisable if you have plan to update the content and material frequently.