Two of the most popular mattresses currently on the Market are the Tempurpedic and Sleep Number models. The manufacturers of these really sought after models are renowned for supplying high-quality products. Each one of these companies’ versions are unique and have their benefits and considerations. Still, these businesses have the same target market. In this guide, we’ll do a review of these two products and attempt to help you decide which is the right for you.
Sleep Number mattresses utilize air for foam and support for comfort. Their support and stability can be adjusted by removing or adding air from the interior air pockets with the support of an electric pump. Moreover, every side of the bed has its own different settings. While, Tempurpedic mainly uses springs or regular foam for support and memory foam for comfort.
Sleep Number beds take advantage of air chambers. These models Offer discerning adjustability and either single or double control, in accordance with the form and size. On the other hand, Tempurpedic mattresses utilize high-density foam that’s viscoelastic, which in part means that it’s temperature sensitive. This helps it automatically adjusts to the sleeper’s contour and adjusts to their own body weight and warmth.
These two products can reduce the transfer of movement Between sleep partners instead of conventional ones which use the innerspring technology which have a more challenging time. Moreover, at one point in time, both versions have used the exact same technology used by their competitor.
Lately, Tempurpedic brought out its air bed range in their Tempur-Choice collection. On the other hand, Sleep Number also utilizes memory foam in its own mattresses. The Memory Foam products from Sleep Number offer memory foam and air adjustability. Both surfaces adjust based on the form of the body of the sleeper.
Moreover, Sleep Number beds provide individual control Settings that change the total amount of firmness or softness of the mattress. It follows that the higher the setting number, the firmer the mattress can be adjusted. Selecting lower values increases softness. Additionally, the memory foam design also reduces pressure points, and it’s also easy to customize using air pressure.
|Models available||Classic Series, Performance Series, Innovation Series||Tempur-Cloud, Tempur-Contour, Tempur-Flex, Tempur-Adapt|
|Firmness||Customizable||Varies by model|
|Support||Air and foam||Springs and memory foam|
|Trial period||100 days||90 days|
|Cooling||Average||Potential to sleep hot|
|Warranty||25 years||10 years|
|Price (for a queen)||$999–$5,099||$2,199–$7,499|
What is Sleep Number?
Sleep Number mattresses include a couple of air chambers. This “DualAir” technology enables users to adjust the firmness of the mattress in accordance with their Sleep Number. A layer of comfort foam rests on top of the atmosphere chambers, and a last pillow top layer provides additional comfort.
Sleep Number mattresses are available in three versions: Classic Series, Performance Series and Innovation Series. The Classic Series comprises dual adjustability, responsive air technology and Sleep IQ to monitor how users are sleeping. The Performance Series includes all these features plus improved pressure relief. The Innovation Series provides everything the previous two versions provide, and temperature balancing to absorb and release excess heat during the evening.
Sleep Number beds have been reported to continue over 20 years and, in Reality, come with a 25-year guarantee.
Benefits of Sleep Number
- The Purchase Price of all the versions of Sleep Number mattresses for queen size ranges from $999 to $4,299
- Reduced amount of pressure points
- These versions adjust comfort and shape according to the person sleeper body weight
- Ability to control the stability of those mattresses manually
- Sleep Number mattresses shape to the sleeper’s body so as to support their backbone
- Buyers have a choice from a wide Variety of versions of Sleep Number versions, including Vintage c2, c4, Performance p5, Memory Foam m7, p6, and Innovation i8, i10
- They come with a guarantee of 25 years
What is TempurPedic?
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are made of 4 layers: a base Coating, a service layer, a comfortable layer and a cooling cover. Collectively, these layers support the spine by adjusting to body shape and weight. They are constructed from foam, which is intended to keep sleepers cool all night long.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are available in four versions: Cloud, Contour, Flex and Adapt. Each version comes in variations like Supreme, Elite and Luxe. With this broad array of mattresses, sleepers can pick a mattress with truly personalized comfort.
Tempur-Pedic’s lifespan is typically 10 years, which can be about average for a mattress.
Benefits of TEMPURPEDIC
- The Purchase Price of all the versions of Tempurpedic mattresses for queen size ranges from $1,499 to $7,499
- Reduced amount of pressure points
- Automatically contour to the sleeper’s body so as to support their backbone
- No moving parts in these versions, except for their Tempur-Choice series
- Automatic readjustment Once the sleeper affects their sleep positions
- Buyers have a choice from a wide Variety of versions of Tempurpedic versions, such as Cloud, Flex, and Contour
- They come with a guarantee of 10 years
Tempurpedic, in Addition to Sleep Number beds, have some Considerations, too, when compared with conventional innerspring mattresses. As an example, Sleep Number beds have air chambers that will need to be assembled either from the delivery person or the client.
Additionally, Sleep Number beds may create some kind of failure by Puncture, malfunction of internal firmness control arrangement, or perhaps from improper handling. While, Tempurpedic mattresses are temperature sensitive and are limited, and their comfort levels aren’t as customizable. Some of the other factors of both kinds of beds are as follows.
- The air chambers of these mattresses are separated from one another.
- There are moving parts in those models that may break and malfunction.
- Sleep Number models can alter their stability with barometric pressure or temperature fluctuations.
- These models need electricity so as to work.
- May provide a warm sleep temperature in comparison with traditional mattresses.
- Their shape reacts slower to changes from sleeping places.
- These versions can soften with time.
- They can’t be disassembled that makes transport difficult.
- They can’t be used with heated bedding.
Tempurpedic, in Addition to Sleep Number mattress manufacturers, have their benefits and considerations for some. But the frequent thing about these products is that the two of them provide a vast assortment of options. Both of their models provide different features.
A single bed won’t necessarily meet everyone’s needs. Some people may enjoy Sleep Number beds longer, and some may prefer Tempurpedic beds. So it depends upon your unique preferences and needs. Thus, before Purchasing a mattress, you need to check out their specific benefits and Pitfalls and compare it with other. In this way you can get best one for you.