Light brown and dirty blonde are two hair colors that are often confused with each other. While both fall in the same color spectrum, they have a few differences that set them apart. In this article, we will compare light brown and dirty blonde, highlighting their similarities and differences.
Light Brown Hair
Light brown is a warm hair color that lies between medium and dark brown. It is the most common hair color and suits various skin complexions. Light brown hair color is achieved by adding warm tones such as red or gold to medium brown hair. It is characterized by its natural-looking shade, depth, and dimension.
One of the advantages of light brown hair is that it is low maintenance, making it easy to style and maintain. It goes well with various haircuts and styles, whether straight or wavy. Light brown hair also adds warmth to the face and can make your features stand out.
Dirty Blonde Hair
Dirty blonde hair is a mix of blonde hair with brown undertones. It is often referred to as the dark side of blonde. The color is achieved by adding ashy tones to blonde hair, creating a subtle and natural-looking shade. Dirty blonde hair has become popular in recent years, with celebrities such as Taylor Swift and Gigi Hadid sporting the look.
One of the advantages of dirty blonde hair is that it is versatile and can be customized to suit different skin complexions. It also adds depth to the hair and complements various hairstyles. Dirty blonde hair can give you a beachy look, making it ideal for summer.
Comparison between Light Brown and Dirty Blonde
Light brown and dirty blonde have a few similarities, making it challenging to tell them apart. The following are some of the similarities between the two hair colors:
1. Warm tones: Both light brown and dirty blonde are characterized by warm tones, making them a warm hair color.
2. Versatile: Light brown and dirty blonde are versatile and can be customized to suit different skin complexions and hair types.
3. Natural look: Both light brown and dirty blonde give a natural shade, making them ideal for those who want a natural hair color.
While both hair colors have similarities, they have differences that set them apart. Here are some of the differences between light brown and dirty blonde:
1. Color intensity: Light brown is a medium to dark hair color, while dirty blonde is a light hair color.
2. Undertones: Light brown has warm undertones, while dirty blonde has ashy undertones.
3. Maintenance: Light brown requires less maintenance than dirty blonde, which requires more upkeep, especially for those with dark hair.
4. Skin undertone: Light brown complements warm skin undertones, while dirty blonde complements cool or neutral skin undertones.
1. Which is better for warm skin tones – light brown or dirty blonde?
Light brown is better suited for those with warm skin undertones, while dirty blonde is suitable for cool or neutral skin undertones. If you have warm skin undertones, go for a light brown shade with warm undertones such as caramel or honey.
2. Is dirty blonde a natural hair color?
Yes, dirty blonde is a natural hair color that is achieved by adding ashy tones to blonde hair.
3. Which hair color is easier to maintain – light brown or dirty blonde?
Light brown is easier to maintain than dirty blonde as it requires less upkeep. Light brown hair color can last up to six weeks without touch-ups, while dirty blonde may require touch-ups every four to six weeks.
Light brown and dirty blonde are both beautiful hair colors that have their unique features. Light brown is a warm, natural-looking hair color that adds warmth to the face and suits various skin complexions. Dirty blonde, on the other hand, is a mix of blonde and brown with ashy undertones, making it ideal for those who want a beachy look. While both hair colors have similarities, they have differences that set them apart, making it essential to choose the one that suits you best.