Is it Better to Buy Presale Tickets or Wait?
If you’re a fan of music, sports, theater or any event that offers tickets for sale, you’ve probably faced the question regarding whether to buy presale tickets or to wait until they go on sale to the general public. To answer this question, we’ll have to understand what presale tickets are, the advantages and disadvantages of buying them, and how they compare to the general on-sale tickets.
What are Presale Tickets ?
Presale tickets are tickets that are made available to a select group of people before they go on sale to the general public. This select group can include members of a fan club, employees of the venue, credit card holders of certain banks or companies, or individuals who have registered for a presale code.
Advantages of Buying Presale Tickets
1. Early Access: One of the biggest advantages of buying presale tickets is that you get early access to the tickets before they are available to the general public. This means that you have a better chance of getting the tickets you want without having to compete with a large number of people.
2. Better Seats: Presale tickets often offer the best seats in the house. These tickets are usually reserved for the select group of people who have access to the presale, which means you have a better chance of getting a better seat than you would if you waited for the general on-sale.
3. Lower Prices: Presale tickets can also be cheaper than the general on-sale tickets. This is because the presale tickets are often offered at a discounted rate to the select group of people who have access to the presale.
Disadvantages of Buying Presale Tickets
1. Limited Selection: Presale tickets are often limited in quantity, which means that you may not be able to get the exact tickets you want.
2. Timing: The presale ticket window is usually only open for a limited amount of time, which means that you have to act fast if you want to secure your tickets.
3. Fees: Presale tickets can come with additional fees, such as processing fees and convenience fees, which can add up and make the tickets more expensive.
Advantages of Waiting for General On-Sale
1. More Tickets Available: The general on-sale usually offers a larger selection of tickets to choose from, which means that you have a better chance of finding tickets that meet your needs.
2. Flexibility: If you wait for the general on-sale, you have the flexibility to choose the day and time that works best for you. This means that you can plan ahead and make sure that you’re able to attend the event.
3. Familiarity: The general on-sale is the most common way to purchase tickets, which means that it’s a familiar process for most people.
Disadvantages of Waiting for General On-Sale
1. Competition: When the general on-sale begins, tickets can sell out quickly, especially for popular events. This means that you have to act fast if you want to secure your tickets.
2. Limited Seats: By the time the general on-sale begins, many of the best seats may have already been sold during the presale, which means that you may have to settle for less desirable seats.
3. Higher Prices: The general on-sale tickets are often priced higher than the presale tickets, which means that you may end up paying more if you wait.
Presale Tickets vs. General On-Sale: Which is Better?
Deciding whether to buy presale tickets or wait for the general on-sale really depends on your personal preferences and priorities. If you want to have early access to the best seats and don’t mind paying additional fees, then presale tickets may be the best option for you. However, if you’re more concerned about having a larger selection of tickets to choose from and want to avoid additional fees, then waiting for the general on-sale may be the better choice.
1. Can I save money by buying presale tickets?
Presale tickets can be cheaper than the general on-sale tickets, but they can also come with additional fees that can make the tickets more expensive. It’s important to compare the ticket prices and fees before making a purchase to make sure that you’re getting the best deal.
2. How do I get access to presale tickets?
Presale access can vary depending on the event and the promoter. Some presales may be open to anyone who registers for a presale code, while others may require you to be a member of a fan club or have a specific credit card. It’s important to check the event website or social media pages for more information on how to access the presale.
3. Can I get better seats by buying presale tickets?
Presale tickets often offer the best seats in the house, but the exact seats available can vary depending on the event and the venue. It’s important to check the presale ticketing site for more information on the available seats before making a purchase.