Window tinting is a technique used to control the amount of sunlight that enters a vehicle. It is a popular option among car enthusiasts as it enhances the look of the car while serving practical purposes. However, the question of how much tint is best remains a topic of discussion. Many people opt for 70% tint as they find it worth it. This article aims to shed light on the topic and compare different levels of tinting.
What is 70% tint?
Tint percentages refer to the amount of sunlight a film can block from entering the car. The higher the percentage, the less light can pass through. The 70% tint allows 30% of sunlight to pass through the windows, which is moderately light compared to other tints. This percentage is commonly referred to as a light tint. It is suitable for people who want to add a subtle elegance to their car while also reducing the amount of heat that enters the car’s cabin.
Is 70% tint worth it?
There is no definite answer to this question as it ultimately depends on personal preference, needs, and budget. However, there are several benefits that come with 70% tint, making it worth considering. Some of these benefits include:
1. Heat reduction: Excessive heat can be a nuisance, especially during summer months. The 70% tint can cut down on the amount of heat that enters the car, making it more comfortable to drive.
2. UV protection: The UV rays from the sun can be harmful to the skin and can cause the car’s interiors to fade over time. The 70% tint can block up to 99% of these rays, protecting both the passengers and interiors.
3. Glare reduction: The tint can reduce the amount of glare that enters the car, making it easier to drive during sunny conditions.
4. Privacy: The tint can provide an added level of privacy by blocking the view from the outside. This is particularly useful when driving through high traffic areas.
5. Aesthetics: The 70% tint can add an elegant touch to the car’s appearance. It can enhance the aesthetics of the car while also serving practical purposes.
However, it is worth noting that the 70% tint may not be suitable for everyone. Some people may prefer a darker tint that offers more privacy and heat reduction. Others may prefer a lighter tint that allows more light to enter the car. It is therefore essential to consider personal preferences and needs before deciding on a tint percentage.
Comparing different tint percentages
To provide a better understanding of the different tint percentages available, below is a comparison of some common tint percentages:
1. 5% tint: This is the darkest tint available, allowing only 5% of sunlight to pass through the windows. It offers maximum privacy, heat reduction, and UV protection. However, it can make driving at night challenging as visibility is significantly reduced.
2. 35% tint: This is a light tint that allows 65% of sunlight to enter the car. It offers a good balance between privacy and visibility, making it suitable for people who want both.
3. 50% tint: This allows 50% of sunlight to pass through the windows, making it a moderate tint. It offers a subtle touch of privacy and heat reduction while also allowing a reasonable amount of light to enter the car.
4. 70% tint: This allows 30% of sunlight to pass through the windows and is considered a light tint. It offers a good balance between aesthetics, privacy, and heat reduction while also allowing a reasonable amount of light to enter the car.
5. 90% tint: This is the lightest tint available, allowing 90% of sunlight to pass through the windows. It offers minimal heat reduction, UV protection, and privacy, but it does allow ample light to enter the car.
1. Is 70% tint legal?
Tint laws vary from state to state, and it is, therefore, essential to research the laws in your state. In most states, 70% tint is legal for the front and rear car windows. However, it is illegal to have any form of tint on the front windshield.
2. Can I apply tint to my car myself?
While it is possible to apply tint to your car yourself, it is always advisable to seek professional help. Professional installation ensures that the tint is applied correctly and that it adheres to the legal limits.
3. How long does tint last?
The lifespan of tint varies depending on the quality of the film and how well it is maintained. Most tints can last up to five years, but some high-quality films can last up to ten years.
In conclusion, the question of whether 70% tint is worth it depends on personal preferences and needs. While it may not be the darkest tint available, it offers a good balance between privacy, aesthetics, heat reduction, and UV protection. However, it is essential to check the legal limits in your state and seek professional installation to ensure optimum quality and adherence.