The main difference between Excel Workbook and Worksheet is that Excel Workbook comprises number of worksheets while worksheet means a single sheet in Excel workbook. It is like a complete book and single page. Excel Workbook is the complete book and Excel Worksheet is like a single page in a book.
What is Excel Workbook?
Excel Workbook is a file or simply a book that comprises one or more than one worksheets that can be used for various kinds of related information. It allows the users to create as many worksheets as he wants. The basic purpose of workbook is to organize the same and relevant data at one place but in different categories. For example if a company wants to create its financial record then it can make statement of financial position at one worksheet, statement of comprehensive income on other worksheet, statement of cash flows and statement of changes in owner equity on others worksheet. That mean you can organize all relevant data at one place but in different categories by allocating each work into its specific position.
What is Excel Worksheet?
Excel Worksheet is a single spreadsheet, sheet or page in Excel Workbook. It comprises 1,048,576 rows and 16,3844 columns. That mean there are 17,179,869,184 cells in a single Excel Worksheet where you can write and edit your data. There is no limit of worksheets in a single workbook, it mainly depends on your system memory. Excel Worksheet facilitates the users to maintain their records, create tables and charts and many more. It is widely used for business purpose like making report, analysis, performance calculations, financial statements and many more. User can also link two or more worksheet in a single workbook that enables the users to attach the data in a worksheet with the data on other worksheet(s) in the same workbook.
- Excel Workbook is like a book that contains a number of pages while Excel Worksheet is a single page or sheet of a workbook like a page in a book.
- Linking two worksheets is more easy than linking two workbooks. The external workbook or data that is linked to main workbook needs to be secure and in case of removal its link from main workbook will be removed automatically.
- Workbook is not a place where we manipulate with data. It is worksheet or spreadsheet where we edit, write and save data. Workbook is just the face or cover of worksheets.
- We can add as many worksheet as we want in a single workbook restricted to the memory of our system. However, we can’t add workbook in other workbook easily.
- A workbook is a platform that holds the entire data while worksheet is a page of the workbook that is actually holding a specific data.