The main difference between Quad Cab and Crew Cab is that Quad Cab rear doors are smaller that Crew Cab. It has ¾ size rear doors while Quad Cab has two full-size rear doors.
|Basis of Comparison||Crew Cab||Quad Cab|
|Definition||Crew cab is a more rugged pickup and rider higher as compared to Quad Cab.||Quad Cab is basically one of three newest RAM 1500 series vehicles. It offers the drivers normal legroom space but wider cargo space.|
|Space in Legroom||More||Considerably less|
|Space in Cargo||Considerably less||More|
|Arm Rests||At rear seats||No|
What is Crew Cab?
Crew cab is a more rugged pickup and rider higher as compared to Quad Cab. It is being manufactured by the several automakers but has the same bed size and inner size. It is also called as half ton truck and is included in the category of 1500-series. For many, these are used as mini trucks while many use it as a family car substitute as well. As compared to the Quad Cab, Crew Cab is not designed to carry far-reaching loads. These are although use for commercial purpose, but there a purpose for the non-commercial purpose is more than commercial usage.
These types of cabs are fully equipped for the ranch on the road because of having eight-speed automatic transmission system, and 5.7L V8 HEMI engine and deliver power and performance. AS compared to the Quad Cab, Crew Cab has more legroom, but less cargo space is comparing to Quad Cab. The Crew Cab being designed by Dodge Ram is just like Quad Cab but has much different as well like more space in the interior but less space in cargo. For the wider interior, Crew Cab is best for those families who need a vehicle like a car but with cargo space as well for long traveling.
What is Quad Cab?
Quad Cab is basically one of three newest RAM 1500 series vehicles. It offers the drivers normal legroom space but wider cargo space. Just like Crew Cab, it can also seat up to six passengers and have more room for cargo rooms. But compared to Crew Cab, it has small space and small doors. For the same reason, Quad Cab is selected for loading and commercial purposes. As Quad Cab lies between Regular Cab and Crew Cab, it price normally falls between the prices of these two vehicles. For its long cargo room, Quad Cab is called as the extended version of a pickup. It has various advantages and disadvantages at the same time. One of the main benefits of Quad Cab is that its pick up power is better than Crew Cab because it is smaller in size and overall weight is lighter than Crew Cab. In term of the price tag, it also runs a little cheaper when compared with Crew Cab. All these advantages collectively make the Quad Cab offer more capacity space and hauling capacity over the Crew Cab. Quad Cab is suitable for those persons who need more space in cargo and suitable space inside legroom.
- Quad cab is fit for both traveling and delivery while Crew Cab is fit for traveling only as it offers more space in sitting area.
- The overall length in Crew Cab spans the distance between the back and front doors well opening, to the rear of the cab. While the rear doors of Quad Cab offer not too much space, therefore, called as suicide doors.
- Read leg room size of Crew Cab is 39.4 inches while it is 34.7 inches in the case of Quad Cab.
- Quad Cab offers more cargo space as compared to the Crew Cab. It offers 76.3 inches length and 51 inches width as compared to the 67.4 inches length and 51 inches width of Crew Cab.
- An exterior cargo volume of Quad Cargo is 57.5 cup. Ft. and Crew Cab exterior cargo volume is 50.3 cup. Ft.
- Quad Cab Pickup bed depth is 20.1 inches, and Crew Cab Pickup bed depth is 20 inches.
- Crew Cab is expensive than Quad Cab.
- Quad Cab is fit for cargo while Crew Cab is fit for traveling.
- Crew Cab rear seats have arm rests while Quad Cab rear seats may have armrests.
- Because of being smaller and lighter than Crew Cab, Quad Cab offers the best mileage as compared to Crew Cab.
- The back seats of Crew Cab can be used as cargo area as well because rear seats doors are wider than Quad Cab.
- All doors of Crew Cab can be open independently while most of the Quad Cab version needs the front door to be open first to open the rear doors. That’s why the rear doors of Quad Cab are called as suicide doors.
- The front doors of the most of the Quad Cabs open the opposite direction of the rear doors while all doors of Crew Cab open the same direction like car doors.