As a homeowner, you might find yourself asking whether it is okay to put a king comforter on a queen bed. The answer is yes, but you need to understand the difference between the two bed sizes and whether the comforter would fit comfortably on the queen bed.
A king bed is larger than a queen bed, measuring 76 inches wide by 80 inches long, while a queen bed measures 60 inches wide by 80 inches long. That means that a king comforter measures 102 inches wide by 86 inches long, which is larger than a queen comforter that measures 90 inches wide by 90 inches long.
While a king comforter would fit on a queen bed, there are some considerations that you need to make. For instance, a king comforter would drape over the sides of a queen bed, which might cause more problems, such as overhangs, bunching up, or causing allergies.
If you plan to use a king comforter on your queen bed, here are some tips that can help:
1. Check the dimensions: Ensure that the king comforter you are selecting would fit comfortably on your queen bed. Look for a comforter that is about 6 inches wider than the bed and 10 inches longer.
2. Use duvet clips: You can use duvet clips to keep the comforter in place. These clips fasten to the corners of the comforter and hold it onto your duvet cover.
3. Consider the weight: A king comforter might be heavier than a queen comforter. If you find that you are uncomfortable under a bulky comforter, shift to a lighter material.
4. Look for a compatible duvet cover: When shopping for a king-sized comforter, ensure that you find a duvet cover that fits well. This prevents the overhangs from your bed and makes your bed look more stylish.
Comparing queen and king-sized comforters:
1. Size: The king-sized comforter is larger than the queen-sized comforter, measuring 102 inches wide by 86 inches long, compared to the queen-sized comforter, which measures 90 inches wide by 90 inches long.
2. Cost: In most cases, king-sized comforters would cost more than queen-sized comforters because of their size.
3. Space: If you have a smaller bedroom, you might find that a king-sized comforter takes up a lot of space. This might make your room look cluttered and smaller. A queen-sized comforter looks better in a smaller room because it leaves more space.
4. Warmth: If you live in a cold area, a king-sized comforter might be warmer than a queen-sized comforter. However, the warmth that a comforter provides depends on the material used.
1. Can you put a queen-sized comforter on a king bed?
Yes, you can use a queen-sized comforter on a king bed. However, the comforter might not fit adequately, and you might be left with gaps on the side.
2. How do you know the comforter size for your bed?
You need to measure your bed to get the right comforter size. For a queen bed, measure 60 inches wide by 80 inches long, while for a king bed measure 76 inches wide by 80 inches long.
3. Can you use a duvet cover with a king-sized comforter?
Yes, you can use a duvet cover with a king-sized comforter, but you have to ensure that the duvet cover is the right size.
4. Can you wash a king-sized comforter at home?
Yes, you can wash a king-sized comforter at home, but you need to ensure that your washing machine is large enough to accommodate the comforter. Alternatively, you can take the comforter to a professional dry cleaner.
Putting a king-sized comforter on a queen bed is possible, but it comes with some considerations, as highlighted above. Ensure that you select a comforter that fits well on your bed and consider using duvet clips to keep it in place. Remember to choose a comforter that matches your style and personality.