Adidas and Nike are two brands which are in competition with each other. Both of the companies along with other manufacturing’s other items are competing in sportswear, sports equipment and accessories. Nike was founded and established in 1964 while Adidas was founded and established in 1948. Nike is a U.S based brand of sportswear while Adidas is a German-based company. Logo of Nike is Swoosh while that of Adidas is 3 Stripes.
Contents: Difference between Adidas and Nike
What is Adidas?
Adidas is not only the second leading manufacturer of sportswear in the world but also the first leading manufacturer in Europe. It was founded in 1984 by Adolf Dassler and is a German-based company. Its logo “3 Stripes” is well known which is three parallel bars. Its main market by the tennis and soccer players. It is not only expelling in sportswear but also manufactures shirts, bags, eyewear and other products.
What is Nike?
Nike is the first leading sportswear and sports items manufacturer in the world. It was founded in 1964 by Bill Bowerman and Philip Knight and named it Blue Ribbon Sports and transformed to the name of Nike in 1978. “Just do it” is its famous trademark tag line and its logo is Swoosh. Basketball and running players are the main market purchasers of Nike. Many of the basketball stars and athletes are sponsoring it.
Key Differences between Adidas and Nike
- Nike was founded and established in 1964 while Adidas was founded and established in 1948.
- Adidas is an older brand as compare to Nike by the date of establishment.
- Nike is a U.S based brand of sportswear while Adidas is a German-based company.
- Logo of Nike is Swoosh while that of Adidas is 3 Stripes.
- Basketball and running players are the main market purchasers of Nike while Adidas has main market by the tennis and soccer players.
- Along with sportswear, Nike has been producing sports equipment for a long time but Adidas has recently started producing sports equipment.