When talking about windshield tinting, the number 70 has been gaining popularity in recent years. The 70 windshield tint refers to a tint film that allows up to 70% light transmission while blocking 99% of harmful UV rays. This type of tint is perfect for those who want to reduce heat and glare while still maintaining visibility on the road.
What is Windshield Tinting?
Windshield tinting is the process of applying a layer of film on the windshield of a vehicle to reduce the amount of light and heat that passes through it. The film is usually made of polyester or a combination of polyester and other materials. It comes in various shades from light to dark, and the percentage of light transmission depends on the type of tint.
70 Windshield Tint: What is it?
The 70 windshield tint is a type of window film that transmits 70% of visible light while blocking 99% of UV rays. It is a popular option among car owners who want to reduce heat and glare without compromising their visibility on the road. This type of tint is also known as a high-performance window film because it provides excellent heat rejection and has a low reflectivity level.
What are the Benefits of 70 Windshield Tint?
1. Reduces heat: Windshield tinting can reduce the amount of heat that enters the car by up to 60%. This can help improve the overall comfort of the car by keeping the interior cooler, especially during hot summer days.
2. Blocks UV rays: UV rays can cause skin damage and fading of the interior of the car. The 70 windshield tint can block 99% of UV rays, providing protection for both the passengers and the car.
3. Reduces glare: Glare is one of the most common reasons for accidents on the road. Windshield tinting can reduce glare by up to 90%, reducing the risk of accidents caused by sun glare.
4. Enhances privacy: The 70 windshield tint provides a level of privacy without compromising visibility, making it an excellent option for those who want a tint that also provides some privacy.
5. Improves energy efficiency: The 70 windshield tint can help reduce energy consumption by reducing the amount of heat that enters the car, which means the car’s air conditioning system doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature.
What are the Types of 70 Windshield Tint?
There are different types of 70 windshield tint available in the market. Here are some of the most common types:
1. Ceramic Tint: Ceramic tint is the most expensive type of 70 windshield tint. It is made of ceramic particles that are embedded in the film, making it more resistant to fading and scratches.
2. Carbon Tint: Carbon tint is a mid-range option, which is made of carbon particles that absorb heat and reduce glare. It has a matte finish, which gives the car a sleek look.
3. Dyed Tint: Dyed tint is the most affordable option, which is made by adding a layer of dye to the film. It is less effective in blocking heat and UV rays, and it is more prone to fading over time.
How is 70 Windshield Tint Installed?
Installing 70 windshield tint requires a professional installer with experience in tinting windshields. The process involves the following steps:
1. Cleaning the glass: The windshield is thoroughly cleaned to remove any dirt or particles that may interfere with the installation process.
2. Cutting the tint: The tint is measured and cut to fit the windshield perfectly.
3. Application of the tint: The tint is applied to the windshield, ensuring that there are no air bubbles or wrinkles.
4. Trimming the edges: The excess tint is trimmed to ensure a perfect fit.
In conclusion, the 70 windshield tint is an excellent option for car owners who want to reduce heat and glare without compromising visibility on the road. It also provides additional benefits such as UV protection and privacy. When choosing the type of tint to install, it is essential to consider the tint’s quality, durability, and effectiveness in blocking heat and UV rays. Ultimately, a professional installer can help guide you on making the best choice for your vehicle.