A car’s windshield is not just there to provide a clear view of the road; it also protects drivers and passengers from various elements, such as rocks, bugs, UV rays, and rain. However, standard windshield glass is not enough to shield you from these harmful factors effectively. That’s why car owners look for ways to enhance their windshield’s performance, and one of the most popular methods today is car window tinting.
Car window tinting is the process of applying a thin film on the glass to darken or modify its color. This technology has been around for decades and has become more advanced and diverse over the years. One of the most popular types of window tinting is 70 tint windshield or also known as 70% windshield tint or 70% VLT (visible light transmission).
What Is 70 Tint Windshield?
70 tint windshield, as the name suggests, refers to the percentage of visible light that passes through the window tint film. A 70% VLT means that 70% of the sunlight can still penetrate the windshield, while the remaining 30% of light rays get reflected or absorbed. This type of tinting film produces a lighter shade than other types, making it a popular choice for car owners who want to enhance their windshield’s performance without compromising its visibility.
70 Tint Windshield VS. Other Types of Tinting
When it comes to car window tinting, there are different types to choose from. Each type has its own benefits and limitations, depending on the level of darkness, heat reduction, and glare reduction that you want to achieve. Here’s a comparison between 70 tint windshield and other types of tinting:
• 50% VLT: This type of tinting film allows 50% of the visible light to pass through, making it darker than 70 tint windshield. It is ideal for drivers who want better heat and glare reduction, but they still want to follow their state’s regulations on window tinting.
• 20% VLT: This type of tinting film only allows 20% of the visible light to pass through, making it the darkest variation of windshield tinting. It is ideal for drivers who want maximum privacy and heat reduction, but this level of tinting may not be legal in some states.
• Ceramic Tint: Ceramic tinting film is the premium option for car window tinting. It offers superior heat and UV protection without sacrificing visibility. However, it comes with a higher price tag than other types of tinting films.
Benefits of 70 Tint Windshield
Here are some of the benefits of 70 tint windshield:
1. Heat Reduction: 70 tint windshield can reduce the amount of heat that enters your car’s interior, which can be especially useful during hot summer days. This can help you conserve fuel by reducing the need for air conditioning.
2. Glare Reduction: Sun glare can be a significant distraction while driving, especially during sunrise and sunset. 70 tint windshield can reduce the amount of glare that enters your car, making it easier to see the road ahead and avoid accidents.
3. UV Protection: 70 tint windshield can also protect you and your passengers from harmful UV rays. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can cause skin damage, eye damage, and cancer. With 70 tint windshield, you can reduce the risk of UV damage and maintain your skin’s health.
4. Improved Privacy: 70 tint windshield can also provide a better level of privacy while driving. It can make it harder for others to see inside your car, reducing the risk of theft and vandalism.
1. Is 70 tint windshield legal in my state?
The legality of 70 tint windshield varies from state to state. Some states allow a maximum of 70% VLT, while others only allow 50% or less. Check your state’s regulations on window tinting before installing 70 tint windshield.
2. What is the installation process for 70 tint windshield?
The installation process for 70 tint windshield is similar to other types of car window tinting. A professional installer will clean your windshield, measure the size of the tinting film, and apply it to the glass. The process usually takes a few hours.
3. How long does 70 tint windshield last?
70 tint windshield can last for several years, depending on the quality of the tinting film, the installation process, and the type of climate you live in. To ensure maximum longevity, avoid using harsh chemicals on your windshield, and park your car in a shaded area whenever possible.
In conclusion, 70 tint windshield is an excellent option for car owners who want to enhance their windshield’s performance without compromising visibility. With its ability to reduce heat, glare, and UV rays, 70 tint windshield can make your driving experience more comfortable and safer. However, it’s crucial to check your state’s regulations on window tinting and choose a professional installer to ensure a successful installation.