70 Front Windshield Tint: Everything You Need to Know
If you’re someone who enjoys driving around while keeping the car’s interiors cool as well as protected from the harsh UV rays of the sun, then you must consider getting a front windshield tint. Not only does it add to your vehicle’s aesthetic appeal, but it also provides several other benefits that you might not be aware of. However, before you choose to get your car’s front windshield tinted, there are a few things that you should be mindful of.
In this article, we’ve put together everything you need to know about the 70 front windshield tint, starting from its benefits to the right way to take care of it. So, let’s get started.
What is a 70 Front Windshield Tint?
A 70 front windshield tint refers to the percentage of visible light transmission (VLT) that passes through the window film. In this case, a 70 tint provides 30% VLT, meaning it blocks out 30% of the visible light from entering the car, hence, letting in 70% of it. It’s worth noting that the 70 front windshield tint is the lightest shade you can legally have on your car’s front windshield.
Not only does this tint reduce the glare of the sun that may hurt your eyes while driving, but it also helps in keeping the interior temperatures of your car low. It’s also known to prevent the upholstery and the dashboard from fading.
Benefits of a 70 Front Windshield Tint
The 70 front windshield tint has several benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
1. Heat Reduction – Driving with the sun blazing on your head can be uncomfortable, but this is where a 70 front windshield tint helps. It blocks the heat from entering your car, keeping the interiors cool and comfortable.
2. Fading Prevention – Without a tint, the sun can cause considerable damage to your car’s interiors, resulting in cracks, fading, or discolouration of the upholstery and dashboard. A front windshield tint can help reduce the damage caused by harmful UV rays, keeping your car’s interior looking new for a longer time.
3. Increased Privacy – A front windshield tint can help protect your privacy by blocking the view of outsiders into your car. It helps keep your valuables safe and protected from prying eyes.
4. Reduced Glare – Driving with the sun in your eyes is not only uncomfortable, but it can also be dangerous. A 70 front windshield tint reduces the glare of the sun, ensuring a safer drive.
5. Eye Protection – With a 70 front windshield tint, you’re protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays that can cause eye strain, headaches, or even long term damage.
The Right Way to Choose a 70 Front Windshield Tint
The ideal way to choose a 70 front windshield tint would be to contact a professional installer. They can suggest the best tint according to your preferences, car model and other important factors. You would need to be cautious when picking out the shade, as any shade darker than 70% can get you in trouble with the law.
The Right Way to Take Care of a 70 Front Windshield Tint
With proper care, a 70 front windshield tint can last for a long time, protecting your car and providing you with the benefits that it has to offer. Here are some things to keep in mind when taking care of it:
1. Cleaning – Cleaning the tint would need to be done carefully, to ensure that it doesn’t get damaged. Use a soft cloth and a mild cleaning solution while wiping the tint gently. Avoid using an ammonia-based cleaning solution as it can cause the tint to fade.
2. Avoid Stickers – Avoid putting stickers or decals on the tinted area, as removing them can damage the tint.
3. Wait Before Rolling down the Windows – After tinting your car, wait for at least 48 hours before rolling down the windows. This will give the tint a chance to settle in and stick properly.
A 70 front windshield tint is an excellent decision for anyone who wishes to enjoy the benefits of a tinted windshield, such as heat reduction, lower glare, increased privacy, and interior protection. It’s a legal shade, and it’s ideal for those who want to keep it light. Remember to choose a professional installer and take the necessary care, and your car’s front windshield tint will protect your vehicle and give you the most excellent driving experience possible.